Ranking The Best & Worst States For Robocalls & Spam Texts
The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) recently released a report ranking states according to the number of complaints about robocalls and spam texts received in 2017. Here's a look at the states that fared the best - and the worst - in the rankings.
States With The Most Phone Spam Overall
No one enjoys being spammed on their phone, but some states seem to have it worse than others. According to a recent study, the states with the most phone spam overall are California, Texas, Florida, and New York. Interestingly, these states also happen to be some of the most populated in the country. This likely has something to do with it, as there are more potential targets for spam callers to go after.
There are a few things that you can do to try to protect yourself from phone spam. First and foremost, make sure that you have a good spam and caller ID blocker installed on your phone. You should also be careful about what information you share online.
If you do receive a spam call, be sure to report it to the FTC. This will help them to track down the spammers and hopefully put an end to their activities.
States With The Most Phone Spam Per Capita
There are a lot of factors that go into determining which states have the most phone spam per capita. Population size is one of them, as there are more people in some states than others. But other factors contribute as well. One of the biggest contributors is the number of people who use smartphones. Smartphones have made it easier than ever for scammers to target people, as they can now send spam messages directly to people's phones. And since people are increasingly using their phones to conduct business and to communicate with others, the opportunities for scammers to scam people are greater than ever.
Another factor that contributes to the amount of phone spam in a state is the number of call centers that are located in that state. Many call centers are located in India and other countries, and these call centers are often the source of the spam calls that people receive.
So what are the states with the most phone spam per capita? According to a recent study, the states with the highest levels of phone spam are Nevada, Georgia, and Texas. These states all have large populations and a high percentage of people who use smartphones. They also have a high concentration of call centers.
If you're looking to avoid phone spam, it's best to avoid states that have a high concentration of call centers. And if you're a business owner, it's important to be aware of the potential for phone spam in these states, so that you can take steps to protect your business from these scams.
How To Stay Spam-free?
As an online marketer, you know that spam is the bane of your existence. It's a waste of your time and it's annoying. But what can you do to stay spam-free? Here are a few tips:
1. Use a spam filter. A good spam filter will help to keep your inbox clean and spam-free.
2. Use strong passwords. If your passwords are weak, your accounts are vulnerable to spamming.
3. Be careful about what you click on. Don't click on links or open attachments from unknown sources. They may contain spam.
4. Be careful about what you share. Don't share your email address or other personal information with just anyone. If you have to share information with someone like buyers or sellers, you can run a reverse phone lookup on WhoseNumber to check their background.
5. Use a spam blocker. A spam blocker is a software program that helps to prevent spam from being delivered to your inbox.
6. Keep your software updated. Make sure you have the latest security updates for your software. This will help to protect you from spam and other online threats.
7. Be vigilant. Stay alert and be on the lookout for spam. If you see something that looks suspicious, report it.
8. Educate yourself. Learn about the different types of spam and how to protect yourself from them.
9. Use an email provider that offers spam protection. Some email providers offer spam protection services that can help to keep your inbox spam-free.
10. Don't give up. Keep trying until you find a spam-free solution that works for you.